Site & its Components
SOUL Organizational Structure
Services & Activities
Policies & Regulations
The Library Regulations
Building Use Policy
Collection Development Policy
Computer Use Policy
School Visits Policy
Famous Egyptian Writers
International Databases (NEW)
Free useful websites
1. The marking of any Library materials is forbidden; readers may be prohibited from using ink in any of the reading rooms.
2. All persons borrowing Library materials, or ordering materials for use within SOUL, shall produce evidence of identity at the time of borrowing or ordering if requested to do so.
3. Use of SOUL’s IT facilities is governed by the Rules made by the Informatics Sector of the University
4. Silence shall be maintained as far as possible in SOUL.
5. Readers must present their Reader’s Card or University Card for inspection if requested by a member of SOUL staff in the course of their duties.
6. The use of portable computers is permitted in SOUL provided that they are quiet in operation. Users of such equipment may be required to work in specified areas or to stop using a computer if it constitutes a distraction to other readers.
7 The use of equipment likely to disturb or distract other readers or to damage Library materials (e.g. digital scanners, radios, personal hi-fi equipment, or computers to perform any of the functions of such machines) is not permitted in SOUL. Mobile telephones must be set to ‘silent’ mode in SOUL; the use of mobile telephones is only permitted outside the reading Rooms of SOUL.
8. Overcoats, raincoats, and other kinds of outdoor clothing, umbrellas, bags, cases, cameras, photocopying devices, and similar personal belongings shall normally be deposited in the locker-desk at the entrance of the ground floor during each visit to SOUL.
9. Handbags, files, folders, coats, and the like, if allowed into SOUL, shall be subject to examination on exit.
10. Bottles of ink, correction fluid, and other potentially damaging substances shall not be taken into SOUL.
11. Food and drink shall not be taken into SOUL generally, but may be admitted for consumption in the courtyards.
12. Smoking is permitted only in the courtyards.
13. No person may go barefoot in SOUL.
14. Library staff are empowered to stop any activity in SOUL which they consider prejudicial to the safety, well-being, or security of readers or Library staff or to the preservation of the collections.
Copyright ©2010 October 6 University Library
Design and Development