The Central Library, in cooperation with the Unified Arab Index, organized a training course on:
“Bibliographic Cataloging of the Book, Rules and Standards and Mark 21”.
Through the period 20-22 / 1/2019 from 10 am to 3 pm.
The trainees are:
- 27 trainees from the members of United Arab Index.
- 16 trainees working in the central library
- 4 specialized trainers
The following topics were addressed:
1- The functional requirements of the bibliographic record (FRBR) and its relation to the rules and the mother
2 – Philosophy of building rules (RDA)
- Organization and structure
4 – General principles in the application of instructions and guidance
- Basic description.
6 – Bibliographic Cataloging of the book according to the rules and the standard of Mark 21
- Summary of the main differences between Anglo-American cataloging rules and RDA rules
- Practices of the Unified Arab Index in the application of rules and regulations
9 – Templates ready indexing for the establishment of records of the book
10 – A model for cataloging a book
11 – Benefits of the library from the application of rules