Work guide for the 6th October University Library
The Central Library is one of the organizational units of the University. It follows the Vice-President of the Board of Trustees for International Strategies and Cultural Relations. It is managed by one of the specialists who have high qualifications, who have expertise in the field of specialization as provided in the job description card, assisted by a working team determined by the competent authority,the library of the university is Central .
The library includes collections from all branches of knowledge, whether printed or electronic, in order to provide integrated services for students and researchers in all disciplines of the university faculties and institutes.
The library also facilitates the use of the library collectibles for faculty members, assistant teachers, teachers and students, and also from the office services it provides, it also helps to advance scientific research, support educational and practical curriculum , and can cooperate with university and scientific bodies and research centers inside and outside the country.
The Library performs the following functions to achieve its objectives :
- Acquisition of books, references, periodicals, scientific letters and other printed and digital information vessels that benefit researchers and students.
- Enable the library’s readable catalog.
- Publishing bibliographic lists and indexes for educational and research activities.
- Facilitate access to itsCollectibles.
- Facilitate access to articles, research, and other sources of knowledge they need.
- Provide Internet services and search in available digital databases.
- Providing audio-visual and non-paper sources.
- Compilation of the approved scientific messages for faculty members of the university to obtain the master’s and doctoral degrees,through the deposit of copies of theirscientific messages in the Central Library.
- Registration of conferences, seminars and lectures held on electronic media for reference when needed.
- Establish a digital information network linking the university with library to benefit from its Collectibles and identify the sources of information to facilitate the researchers, as well as linking to other information centers at home and abroad.
- Make an electronic catalog to search the Library’s Collectibles in order to facilitate the use of information vessels, and to control the process of selecting and purchasing new information vessels, as well as facilitating lending procedures to maximize the utilization of these Collectibles.
The Library is concerned with the technical development and sustainable development of its human resources through the preparation of training programs for its employees.
The library allocates a sub-budget to enable it to develop its collectibles and services using modern technologies.
Library Administration Competences
The work of the Department of the Central Library of the University to manage its affairs and follow-up work and the development of policies for the libraries and guide the management and adoption of its budget and control areas of income and exchange, which is achieved with it as one of the units of the university as follows:
- Central Library to serve all colleges, institutes and research units.
- Assigning an annual budget approved by the Board of Trustees to provide the library with books and periodicals after the presentation of the University Council.
- All five of the books taught in the colleges are allocated to the library for free.
- Accept books, references and scientific periodicals as gifts from personalities or scientific and social institutions.
- Prepare a catalog of books that conforms to the global cataloging system.
- Providing the library with an electronic library based on the computer system to provide its services to the academic body, students and others, in return for a fee determined by the book and library examination committee.
- Application of the borrowing system to faculty members and their assistants.
- Prepare the library list suitable preparation for use.
- Review the annual budget estimate for libraries before presenting it to the Board of Trustees.
- Research the needs of the library and coordinate between them and the scientific sections.
- Develop performance to achieve the library’s mission and keep abreast of recent developments.
- Adoption of administrative policy and technical methods of work in the library.
- Adopting library inventory results and recommending disability reduction within the prescribed percentage.
- Propose the formation of specialized committees to estimate the legal price of the information contained in the libraries as a gift or the special books collections offered for purchase.
The manager of the library is required to have one of the higher qualifications, preferably a major (libraries), an English language proficiency and computers, and an experience in the field of work.
Library Manager competences :
- Planning, implementation and follow-up work that allows the library to perform its mission efficiently and easily.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual budget of the Library and presentation to the Board of Trustees for approval and accreditation.
- Approve the disbursement of the appropriations allocated in the budget of the university within the limits of the powers vested in him to purchase various information vessels, participate in local and foreign patrols and propose the purchase of modern equipment and equipment necessary for the development of work.
- Accept the information vessels donated by the public bodies and figures after reviewing and examining them.
- Technical supervision of employees and follow up their work.
- Prepare annual reports on the performance of employees and on the activities of the library and presentation to officials.
- Representing the library in the relevant meetings inside and outside the university.
- Hold regular meetings with the library staff to discuss the work problems.
- Review the results of the inventory of library holdings and their approval by the competent authorities.
- Organizing the training of staff in the library to raise their scientific and practical level.
- Develop library performance to achieve its mission and keep pace with modern technologies.
- Studying the issues presented to the Library Committee and preparing its own studies, and following up the implementation of the decisions and recommendations of the Committee.
- Dedication from university publications to local and Arab universities and research centers and prominent individuals scientifically, culturally and socially after the presentation to the committee of testing the books, library and board of trustees for accreditation.
- Preserving the collections of the library and facilitate the use of them and hand over their collectibles in solidarity with his assistants from the library staff.
The department is headed by specialists with a specialization in the field, whether they are holders of a BA or a university degree, followed by a diploma in libraries. These positions may also be filled by high-level holders who have spent at least ten years working in university libraries.
The formation of the library committee and its terms of reference
The Library Committee is chaired by the Vice-President of the Board of Trustees for International Strategies and Cultural Relations and membership of:
- Dean of Faculty of Pharmacy.
- Dean of the Faculty of Applied Arts.
- Dean of Faculty of Tourism and Hotels.
- The administrative manager of the university.
- Library Manager (rapporteur).
- Member of the teaching staff of the University Libraries Department.
The Library Committee shall hold a meeting every month, or whenever necessary, at the invitation of the Chairman of the Committee.
The Library Committee is responsible for the following tasks:
- Studying the annual budget project of the library before presenting it to the university officials.
- Examine the needs of the organizational units of the Library and work towards achieving them.
- Develop performance to achieve the mission of the library and keep pace with the latest technological developments.
- Approve the library system and adopt policies and regulations to ensure the organization of work.
- Adopting library inventory results and recommending deduction of disability from custody within the limits prescribed by the regulations.
- Approve the exclusion of damaged books and publications, and those that have lost their scientific and historical value, guided by the opinion of the professors in each of his specialties.
- To propose the formation of specialized committees to estimate the legal price of the information contained in the library as a gift.
- Adopting the plan to provide the library with various information vessels according to the needs of research and teaching.
- Consider accepting gifts that are provided to the library from libraries and other scientific institutions.
- Oversee the university’s publications, research, publications, or other scientific publications on the Library’s funds.
Library collections and inventory
The library’s holdings consist of books, periodicals, and scientific papers, which are licensed for master’s and doctoral degrees, etc. In addition to the various digital information vessels, it is not permissible to include among the vessels of information purchased, donated or received through the exchange incompatible with the scientific facts, Political, social and historical history of society, or what is not commensurate with the scientific and cultural level of researchers and students, nor should it be among the purchased books what is apparent in printing, colors and other technical or material aspects related to the book industry. Succession is Secretary Almketbhmsiola full responsibility before all parties without any responsibility on the university administration and its units.
Such holdings are recorded in electronic records.
No library collection shall be added to the library unless it has been examined and approved by the Library Committee, and all provisions of the Library’s work shall be observed.
It is not permissible to add to the registered library’s balance the written notes written on the computer unless they are issued by official publishing houses, provided that they comply with the procedures followed for the books and the legal filing system at the bookstore.
Scientific books, periodicals and other containers may be purchased without tender within the limits stipulated in the Financial Regulations.
The library’s holdings are handed over to the library’s secretaries, who are jointly responsible for them. The library director, who is responsible for maintaining and maintaining them, facilitates their use in light of the rules stipulated in the regulations.
The inventory of library holdings shall be made automatically in August of each year, or whenever necessary, provided that the inventory is prepared by committees formed for this purpose, taking into consideration the return of all books borrowed prior to the inventory.
The records and minutes of the inventory of the library shall be released by the committees referred to herein, and the losses, damage and all observations concerning the inventory shall be disclosed. The minutes of these records shall be notified by the Board of Trustees, Financial Affairs and the competent departments.
It is possible to deduct from the custody or holdings not more than 2% of the total holdings in the inventory, and this percentage does not include non-reference information vessels such as references, dictionaries, encyclopedias, atlases and maps. Periodicals and scientific letters(as well as rare books, coins, manuscripts, papyrus if any).
The assets and copies of the inventory records shall be kept in the Library after being approved by the Library Committee.
The records or electronic system in the Library shall be recorded in respect of the holdings whose deduction is deducted from the certificate.
Committees are formed to legalize library collections and to exclude books that have lost their scientific value, and lists are prepared for submission to the Board of Trustees to determine what they see after reviewing the work of these committees and to identify the source of the excluded books either by selling or giving to others in the ways they see. Referred to from the library’s library records.
Advantages of the library collections
The opening and closing dates of the Library shall be determined in summer by a decision of the Vice-President of the Board of Trustees for International Strategies and Cultural Relations with the beginning of each academic year after the presentation by the Library Director.
Mutual exchange is permitted between the library, universities, scientific bodies, research centers and other libraries, subject to reciprocity.
It may be prohibited to loan certain holdings for study or research purposes for specific periods or by the Director of the Library.
The following holdings are available for use inside the library and are not allowed to be lent outside the library:
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries and references.
- Arab and foreign leagues.
- Unpublished scientific messages.
- Rare Books.
- Manuscripts, papyrus and coins.
- One-copy books.
- Maps, annual atlases, reports and various explanatory materials such as statistics and graphs.
- Non-paper information containers such as tapes, scientific slides, microfilm, etc. In case of extreme necessity, the loan can be loaned for a period not exceeding one working day after obtaining the required guarantees and approval of the library director.
- Statistical publications
- The number of external borrowings for the following categories should not exceed the built-in numbers of each category:
|No.||Category||Number of books allowed for borrowing|
|2||Assistant teachers and recruits||2|
- The loan period shall be two weeks, and may be renewed only once for the same period in the case of duplicate copies for viewing inside the library. The library management shall have the right to recover the loan for these categories during the period of borrowing.
- Books with one copy may be loaned for one night or during the weekend. The library management may organize this service on the rest of the week depending on the intensity of the beneficiaries’ request.
- If the period of the loan has elapsed without the assignor having restored its holdings in the due date, the following actions shall be taken:
- Notify in writing to return the books within seven days, otherwise it is forbidden to borrow if he is a student.
- It is forbidden to receive his papers or to announce his results unless he has responded to his pledge or paid for it as stipulated in the regulations.
- Shall be fined financially for the days of delay.
- If a member of a teaching staff, an assistant teacher, a teacher or a staff member of the university is notified, the financial institution shall be notified of the necessary action.
- A withdrawal from the library must be obtained at the time of graduation or completion of work, and shall not be vacated until after the books have been returned or paid for.
- A faculty member can keep a second book for one academic semester when two or more copies of the book are available, in accordance with a letter from the dean of the faculty stating the use of the book as a college course.
- The appellant shall return the borrowed material from the books in the case received from the library, and he shall be liable to compensate for the loss or loss thereof by bringing an alternative copy of the same edition or a later edition of no less than 10%, administrative expenses or a fine of up to three times the price The book is less than one hundred pounds and the price of the book is more than one hundred pounds, plus 10% of the price of the book administrative expenses, and if the book is lost books donated by the library manager estimated its price if not estimated. If the book is not part of a group, the total value of the collection must be paid, plus 10% of the administrative expenses and the value of the binding. In the case of books or journals that cannot be replaced, In the case of delay of the book loaned for the prescribed period, the beneficiary is obliged to pay a delay penalty for one book at a rate of five pounds for each day of delay up to a maximum of three times the price of the book less than one hundred pounds.
- The combination of the delay and loss is paid together.
- After paying the price of the damaged or lost book, the responsible person shall provide his opponent with the guarantee and record the justification of the deduction in the notes section of the system, and the amounts paid shall be added to the balances allocated to the library.
- The administration of the Library shall have the right to deprive anyone who violates its instructions, regulations, traditions, morals and morals from benefiting from its services.
- All students of the bachelor’s and bachelor’s degree must respond to their holdings before the end of the academic year.
- Amendments to these Regulations may be made whenever necessary on the proposal of the Library Committee and approved by the University Council, and shall come into effect from the date of approval by the University Council
The Library can provide a photography service for those who frequented it according to the following:
- The location of the machine or camera will be located in a location outside the research and viewing rooms.
- The contract is making annually with one of the companies working in the field to do the work of photography, and assigns one of the administrators of the library to follow up performance.
- Prices of photography shall be determined by decision of the library committee.
- The price list is posted prominently in the service location and inside the library.
- The use of these machines shall be limited to photocopying the scientific materials of the library. If these machines are used in works of interest (10 pages or less), they shall be approved by the library director.
Library Membership System
Employees of the university are entitled to employees, students and faculty members to use the university library and enjoy its services and activities free of charge. As for the participation of members from outside the University, he / she must comply with the requirements described below.
Conditions and documents required
- Payment of one pound for each of the membership application form, the loan application form and the completion of their data.
- Two personal pictures.
- Copy of the birth certificate and the photo of the family card (for children and young people from 6-18 years old) with the signature of the guardian on the application form.
- Copy of ID card or family card for adults over 18 years old.
- For non-Egyptians: Copy of the passport in addition to the picture of residence of not less than six months, and authorize them to loan the foreign one book provided the deposit of 500 pounds Secretariat covering the price of the borrowed material, and recover at the end of the subscription.
Annual Membership Fees:
- The library receives a small fee from the users for their access to library services and activities according to the following:
|Subscription value per person||Age||Duration of subscription|
|60||From 6 to 16 years old||Four months (summer)|
|100||From 6 to 16 years old||Year|
|200||Greater than 16 years||Year|
- The value of each subscription shall include the fees of the membership card.
- All employees of the university and their families and employees of the police and the armed forces shall reduce the subscription fees in the public library by 50% of the categories described above.
- Evaluation of the Library – In addition to the free activities, workshops and special activities, the value of participation will be announced in due course.
- Non-members are allowed to visit the library for free on Monday every week from 9 am to 11 am, to see the library and learn about its collectibles , activities and services.
- A fee of fifteen pounds is paid for the day’s visit, and all library services shall be paid except for external loan.
Rules for attending the library
Library visitors are committed to the following rules:
- Library hours: Daily from 9 am to 5:30 pm except Fridays, Saturdays and public holidays.
- Submit your membership card upon request.
- Renewal of the membership card before its expiry date or the delivery of the completed card to the employees of the subscription and Lending Counter.
- Full calm inside the library.
- Do not hesitate to places not allocated to members.
- No smoking inside library.
- Drinks and food are not allowed inside the library.
- Cellular phone is not allowed inside the library.
- Adherence to the instructions of the use of the Internet Hall, Audio and Video Unit, Multimedia and Activity Room.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring flashes or CDs from outside the library and use them in their devices.
- Committing with library lending rules, especially with respect to loan period, delay and loss penalties.
- It is not permissible to enter the library rooms with borrowed books.
- The beneficiary has the right to discuss the person responsible for the service and to make his comments, or to place the written complaints in the complaint box.
- Preserving library collectibles of books, audiovisual materials, CDs, listening and viewing devices, computers and furniture.
- Trying to exit any of the Library’s collectibles in illegal ways will expose violators to legal accountability